Saturday 21 December 2013

Support the Hornbeam Bakers' Collective

Two of my current intrigues are colliding: local food and drink, arts and crafts.

The Hornbeam Bakers' Collective are moving a new bakery premises in the also new Blackhorse Workshop.

Their bread is delicious, I love sourdough and it's great to buy it freshly baked locally. Their very affordable sourdough baking course is clearly fantastically popular - running at least once a month. I aim to do it next year once my kitchen has been refurbished and I have a much better space for baking.

The Collective are also refurbishing... in the New Year they're moving into their new premises and they've launched a crowdfunding campaign. They're a self-funded organisation and the funds will particularly go towards a professional oven. They're already over two thirds of the way there - BUT! they can only access all these fantastic donations if they reach their goal of £3,000. You can donate money or skills, they're looking for all sorts of help (building skills, website development, marketing, fundraising and business skills).

One of the reasons that I'm interested is that they aim to open an in-house cafe. This will be a great addition to the Blackhorse area and hopefully help bring people into the new arts-and-craft workshop space. I'm excited about the ongoing arts development in e17 and I'm so pleased to see the Blackhorse area developing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own review...